The Crunchy Caterpillar Necklace (so named by a gorgeous customer Nina who coined it when they tried it as a prototype here at camp Kaiko) is the cousin to our Caterpillar necklace.
It has larger stainless steel beads WITH A DIFFERENCE! They have texture and create a sound and 'crunchy feel' on roll.
These are an awesome wearable sensory tool, feel amazing to use & look good with anything. Roll the beads between fingers whilst wearing it.
It just had its debut at a face to face event and was a MASSIVE hit. We saw squeels of excitement from many and the odd stimming jumps which was just heartwarming! However, for some the texture was icky. You know immediately with this one if its from you. Watch the video on it being used and from that you should know if it is for you or not just by hearing it.
Many rub the cord also. You can push your fingers in between the beads for a similar sensation to the pea popper.
Not suitable for 3 and under as beads can pose a choking risk.
Please note they are made using cord that can frey over timesue to friction. This is wear and tear and cannot be avoided. The time this takes to occur can depend on how the fidget is used.
This is available in black cord with silver beads however we can MAKE TO ORDER other colours on request. Please just put a note in the CART stage what colour cord you want. Please note that this may add a day or two to the delivery time as it is made for YOU.
"This has really become one of my go-tos. I have the silkworm fidget which is also lovely, but the feedback the crunchy gives me is next level. its one of the fidgets making it's way onto a cruise ship with me! its also not too loud, so i can have it in uni classes! can't recommend this enough Jessy J June 2023"
These have been effective for those who
- hair twirl or pull
- stim with fabric
- roll Blu-Tac (NOTE : SPEKS range also helpful to replace this also)
- also wonderful for decreasing agitation for those with dementia and anxiety.
We also have this in a hand fidget version.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Materials: Beads : stainless steel & cord polyester
Not suitable for 3 years and under due to small parts.