The SILKWORM is a new version of the caterpillar bead range. With a broader, flatter and textured design, the hand crafted Silkworm will provide sensory support and enjoyment.
We have had these weighted stainless steel beads custom made for us. YOU asked...we listened... Many that love the caterpillar fidget asked for bigger, more weighted beads.
"Love this one! Thought I’d try it after losing a caterpillar. The flatter beads have a little bit of grip that makes a soft sound rolling. A nice blend of smooth and gritty. This style does so well as a pocket fidget for on the go and fits with a discreet professional grown up aesthetic. Joanne R Aug 2023"
The weighted stainless steel beads roll between fingers beautifully. Many rub the cord also. This fidget is super soft in effect. You can push your fingers in between the beads for a similar sensation to the pea popper.
It is particularly great for those that stim with fabric, Blu-Tack rollers or like low sensory input as it glides between the fingers & is very calming. It is small, discreet and quiet. It is a quiet fidget, making it ideal for the workplace, travel or the classroom.
Not suitable for 3 and under as beads can pose a choking risk
Approx. 20gms (compared to 14gms for caterpillar fidget for hand)
Made here in Melbourne by US!
These have been effective for those who
- hair twirl or pull
- suffer with trich.
- stim with fabric
- roll Blu-Tac (NOTE : SPEKS range also helpful to replace this also)
- love squishies and soft sensory input
- also wonderful for decreasing agitation for those with dementia and anxiety.
We also have this in a necklace version.
Please note they are made using cord that can frey over timesue to friction. This is wear and tear and cannot be avoided. The time this takes to occur can depend on how the fidget is used.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.
Materials: Beads : stainless steel & cord polyester
Not suitable for 3 years and under due to small parts.