The amazing NEW Kaiko TIGHTER finger Spikey fidget has been an instant favourite! It provides firmer sensory feedback to our original finger spikey when rolled up and down the finger. It is great for those that like a firmer, tighter input. These are stretchy but firm.
It is particularly good for those that pick and bite as the 'bitey' sensation stimulates in a similar way without the harm. Comes in 9 colours & 2 sizes.
It's important to watch the video here on ways to use the spikey range so you/they understand how to achieve what you/they need in terms of 'ouch' 😊
When selecting a size its not so much about hand size but more about level on constriction you prefer. The 'tighter' spikey is much firmer to roll. If using it to twist around finger or clench fist when its on for "ouch' then the bigger of the two is better generally.
We affectionately refer to this one as the “coriander of fidgets” - you either love or hate this one.
Feedback from one of our lovely customers Sally ... "I don’t think I initially understood quite what they would feel like. I was a bit concerned that the spikey might be a bit too pinchy and overwhelming but I was delighted to discover that it’s very similar to running your fingers over the bristles of a plastic hairbrush."
"The Kaiko Finger Spikey is amazing. I'm prone to anxious picky at my nails, fingers, hands, and lip and this has been a great fidget to distract me from this and also replace the sensory seeking due to the pain element and feedback on my skin. I love that I don't end up with broken skin and it is finally giving my nails a chance to grow back properly. Stellar job guys! Sarah M July 2023"
"This has already helped me so much with picking and biting my fingers. The pressure feels really nice sensory wise and love that it can be used for pain or the scratchy feeling as well. It really is such an amazing invention. I can’t explain how lucky I feel to have found this! I’ll definitely be purchasing a regular size aswell for rolling at work more casually as the tighter spikey does have a lot of pressure even with teeny fingers. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart! I highly recommend. Brittany August 2023"
Also check out its “big brother” wrist spikey.
Some ways to use the spikey...
- Roll up & down the finger. It can be rolled using the same hand or alternate hand. This is great for focus.
- Place on one finger at the base (middle finger often best) & squeeze/clench fist. This is, for most, the way they use it for harm minimisation.
- Rub between two palms for a scratchy feel.
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget.
- Place on finger & twist around using thumb (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure-dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self-harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
- Place on middle of pointer finger and 'pick' at it from the side with thumb nail- great to replace picking.
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget.
Please note if wearing the spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it is not compromising circulation.
If wanting to wear it or alter sensory input you can gently over stretch it to increase its size. To do this take your time and very slowly work around ring with both hands putting tension on metal. Needs to be done bit by bit and section by section to create an even stretch. (See video). Over stretching will cause it to loose shape and it will not rebound. Please note once stretched it cannot be unstretched. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products. Over time the colour may wear/fade, especially if sanitiser/hand creams etc are used.
The finger spikey isn't designed to be twisted back and forth on itself If twisted/rotated it can undo at the join and generally cannot be reconnected. This is not a product fault rather it being used not as intended/within the products limitations.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Expandable carbon steel metal material.