The SILKWORM NECKLACE has been a while in the making. It is a new version of the caterpillar necklace bead range. With a broader, flatter and textured design, the hand crafted Silkworm will provide sensory support and enjoyment.
These are an awesome wearable sensory tool, feel amazing to use & look good with anything.
We have had these weighted stainless steel beads custom made for us. YOU asked...we listened... Many that love the caterpillar fidget asked for bigger, more weighted beads.
The weighted stainless steel beads roll between fingers beautifully. Many rub the cord also. This fidget is super soft in effect. You can push your fingers in between the beads for a similar sensation to the pea popper.
It is particularly great for those that stim with fabric, Blu-Tack rollers or like low sensory input as it glides between the fingers & is very calming. It is small, discreet and quiet. It is a quiet fidget, making it ideal for the workplace, travel or the classroom.
Not suitable for 3 and under as beads can pose a choking risk
Made here in Melbourne by US!
The silkworm for the hand also features in the new MEGA WORKS kit.
These have been effective for those who
- hair twirl or pull
- suffer with trichotillomania
- stim with fabric
- roll Blu-Tac (NOTE : SPEKS range also helpful to replace this also)
- love squishies and soft sensory input
- also wonderful for decreasing agitation for those with dementia and anxiety.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old. catapillar